Polaroid

Camera takes pictures but then, the subjects are killed by the original camera owner's dad, who just seems to enjoy killing.
    Predictable plot and poor CGI.
    Rating: 6/10. 64/100
    It's bad. Not good at all.
    I've seen this movie before, and it was called Friend Request, but replace the wiccan witch BS with a polaroid camera, and it's the same film, but with worse acting and characters that are complete morons. Also, when a movie does the TYPICAL intro, where a well-known teen star is only there for people to remember them from a popular show, and then get killed off just as fast as they were introduced, then you know you aren't in for a good film. The only real compliment I can offer to this movie is the admittedly better monster reveal (honestly the creepiest part of the movie), but it comes at a point where I didn't even care to figure out what the creepy wheezing looked like in the end. I guess Mitch Pileggi needed another law enforcement-related gig and paycheck, since he has to do without X-Files coming back any time soon.
    Good watch, would watch again, and can recommend for horror / paranormal / survivalist fans. I don't think this is a bad movie by anythings means, I just think it had the potential to be a great movie. First off, the cast could use an upgrade. I think that Kathryn Prescott (Skins) did such an excellent job trying to carry the movie, but she had a character that was specifically designed weak, so she could only do so much. The only other person I recognized was Madelaine Petsch (Riverdale). A stronger cast would have allowed the characters to be a little richer and the audience more invested before each death. It was a little hard to care about some of the characters. I really liked the camera as the paranormal medium, and the rules surrounding the situation are very interesting. So the events are actually interesting enough to keep your attention for most of the movie. The big problem the movie has is the "twist" (I'll call it a "twist" as not to spoil it, whether or not it is actually a twist) is more interesting than that the story needs it to be. While the truth of it is actually a great little sequence, I honestly would have rather it be the other way around. If you're a horror, survivalist, or paranormal fan, give it a go, I think you'll enjoy it.
    Beh che dire, anche se la trama a tratti potrebbe essere interessante, il film non è un granché, ma come al solito gli vengono fatte critiche che non hanno alcuna attinenza con il film...per prima cosa il film si prende troppo sul serio per il tipo di eventi che lo caratterizzano. Mi spiego meglio: ha un'impostazione drammatica, ma dato che poi succedono cose assurdissime, sarebbe stato molto meglio dargli un tono più "pazzerello" e personaggi più particolari....però dalle recensioni che ho visto nel web vengono date le solite critiche che non arrivano mai al punto: la presenza dei cliché dell'horror, che per me non è un difetto (finchè non si decida di fare qualcosa di volutamente realistico, e per la maggiorparte degli horror non è così), e soprattutto le solite frasi fatte" non fa paura"," non fa sobbalzare" che temo siano fatte da persone che non hanno alcun tipo di esperienza con il cinema horror....perché HORROR non significa paura, ma solo qualcosa che potrebbe crearti raccapriccio...e sinceramente sono stanca di articoletti fatti da persone adulte che si aspettano di fare i saltini sulla sedia per qualunque film sia incluso nel genere Horror...certo che se il film vuole farteli fare e gli riescono così così, lo potresti anche criticare, e per questo film quindi potrei anche capire.
    This movie was awesome. Seriously, if you like ghost/horror movies it's a must watch.
    Wielding an iPhone 4 and a Polaroid camera, female protagonist, "Bird", yes her name is actually Bird, acquires a cursed camera while working at an antique store. Imagine a movie shot entirely in the dark, this is that movie. As each character forgets about the existence of electricity, social outcast Bird, manages to fit an entire Polaroid camera into her pocket and attends a Halloween party in the middle of December. She then proceeds to photograph all her friends, including herself, which causes most of them to be killed by a spooky shadow. If I could give this movie zero stars I would because I could write a better movie.
    This movie felt like it should have released in the mid 2000's and it would have completely fit in. Unfortunately, this is a poorly written, not scary and predictable horror film. Polaroid follows a senior in high school named Bird Fitcher (Kathryn Prescott) who works at an antique shop. One day her co-worker Tyler (Davi Santos) gives Bird an old Polaroid Camera he bought from a garage sale as a gift because she covered his shift. Bird is excited as she is into old tech and especially photography. She takes a photo of Tyler and then leaves for school. That night Tyler is locking up the store when he's attacked by something and killed. Meanwhile Bird goes to a part with her friends Kasey (Samantha Logan), Devin (Keenan Travey) and Mina (Priscilla Quintana). There at the part Bird talks to Connor (Tyler Young) a guy she has a somewhat crush on. They all decide to take a photo with Bird's Polaroid camera and think nothing of it. Bird learns about Tyler's fate shortly after and realizes that in the Polaroids she's taken there appears to be a shadowy figure behind whoever is about to die. The shadow jumps around and get's the person when they least expect it. So the gang decides to look into where the camera came form and because of this uncover a very sinister crime that took place many years ago. This could literally be the plot to any terrible horror film, but that's it for this one. The movie has a lot of issues. None of the characters are very interesting and I truthfully did not care about what happened to them. The movie is short thankfully and it does get right into the action horror segments of people trying to escape. It's just that it's never entertaining. This movie became a real frag very early on. This is a definite skip. Do yourself a favor and watch something else and don't waste an hour and a half of your life like I just did.