Promising Young Woman

The lead actress gave a powerful and committed performance, but the film as a whole didn't do her efforts justice. A more subtle and more acerbic script (should have maybe had a funny and clever misanthrope like Todd Solondz do some punch up) would have made the whole feel more character-based and less heavy handed with the social agenda bias.
    The plot of this movie is thrilling, the character performed by Carie Mullingan is one of the most interesting I have seen in some time. The movie gave me a great feeling of anxiety and anger, and I believe this was the goal of the director. The ending is unpredictable and in the same time also devastating. I have to give half star less than what I wanted to give only because of the very first scene, where there is a clear blooper (she leans on the back of the sofa from one point of view, then stays straigh up without touching the back of the sofa from the other point of view, and this goes on for the whole scene - it bothered me a lot ahahah). Anyway I think this movie is very educational and everybody should whatch it.
    Not your average revenge flick. It goes for more cerebral satisfaction than the typical violent, bloody catharsis. It's message here is more potent thanks to the comedic flourishes throughout, which somehow make it feel all the more real. The jaw-dropping conclusion is somehow both sickening and hilarious. Abrupt yet fulfilling. Fennell pulled off a homerun with this one.
    As much mayhem as possible. Enjoyed. The craziness reminds me of Parasite.
    A movie every man should see, as early in life as allowed. Some have called it a dark comedy - but its a punch in the stomach tragedy that will drive cultural change. Brilliantly executed, meaningful and necessary. Please watch it.
    This film was the scream of rage that so many women have suppressed for so long. Pure cinematic genius.
    Fantastic movie with an unexpected plot twist. This is the best movie I have seen in a very long time. It made me laugh, raised my ire, made me cry, and made me feel like cheering. Highly recommend.
    So much bad exposition and so awfully directed. I truly wished this was a good movie but it's impossible! The movie doesn't know if it wants to be a comedy, a romcom, a thriller or a drama. I wish I could give 0 stars honestly
    Wow... my new favourite movie. A cult classic already. I can see how this film may upset both men and women who are perhaps unconsciously holding onto an old paradigm. Her absolute rage, chilling and hidden was wonderfully portrayed. The portrait of a 'temporary' sociopath was intelligently done. It felt true.
    Dark, brutal, twisted, poetic, heart-wrenching, honest, female vigilante heroism.