Queen & Slim

Powerful! But the ending...!
    Good idea, poor execution. the movie gets lost over and over. we get the message, it's just poorly delivered.
    Amazing film, emotional, amazing actors, beautiful scenes, sometimes funny. Maybe slightly longer than it needed to be.
    The ending pissed me off but overall a good movie!
    I thought I would like this a lot more, but I walked out feeling like the good and the bad evened out to make it 'ok.' I love Daniel Kaluuya but Jodie Turner-Smith's character was just a jerk the whole time. The first act was really good, then the second act felt like a grinding halt and there was just 5 min in there that I really disliked. For a debut director this was done well, I just felt like personally it wasnt as good as I thought it would be, I was expecting different things. Fantastic acting though and the action, where it was, felt raw. However, I don't really think it got snubbed at Golden Globes.
    Beautiful, poetic, loved it.
    Was an emotional and thought provoking movie that I would recommend. It was a little over the top and is now earily relevant today. It managed to strike similar feelings I had when reading Native Son by Richard Wright the first time.
    Had super high hopes for this movie. Thought it was gonna be an epic journey for this two on the run. Became a slow mediocre love story that ends cheaply and unrealistic.
    Despite a predictable script, Queen & Slim is a beautiful, compelling story. The atmosphere in the film is superb, it looks beautiful, and the acting is amazing.
    You know it's gonna end tragically (I mean, how can it not?), but still hope there might be a happy ending somehow. A flawless social commentary that first-and-foremost tells a great story without being preachy. Side note: who KNEW that Flea could act in a "Non-Flea" role?