Queen & Slim

82% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score82%
  • Stylish, provocative, and powerful, Queen & Slim tells a gripping fugitive story steeped in timely, thoughtful subtext.
    Jennifer HeatonAlternative Lens
    Queen & Slim can be very simply described as Bonnie & Clyde for the Black Lives Matter generation, and the film is very aware of that comparison.
    Damian LevyJamaica Gleaner
    You might not want to subject yourself to its harshness, but Queen & Slim is a well-crafted catharsis.
    Jennie KermodeEye for Film
    Everything here is urgent, both in story and in theme, and no matter how often you've found yourself rooting for cinema's romantic outlaws, these are two you won't forget.
    Carey-Ann PawseyOrca Sound
    Things go from annoying to tense to frightening to deadly very quickly. Now Slim and Queen, who were not even going to have a second date, are bound together on the run from the law.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Brandon CollinsMedium Popcorn
    I did really enjoy a lot of the performances, and the cinematography, but some scenes did not sit well with me and went so over the top...
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Justin BrownMedium Popcorn
    Some great things are done in this movie, especially how it was shot and some of the dialogue...but I felt it was mostly highly unnecessary, and in actuality, I wouldn't have minded a different ending...
    Mark JacksonEpoch Times
    In the end, there's a great love and an aching tragedy that'll sit with you for a few days, in the ways we Americans prefer, like the haunting melancholy of a favorite country song. And incandescent acting, by Brits being 'Muricans.
    Khal DavenportComplex
    It unfolds predictably, but the beauty of which Queen and Slim's relationship is built had us all rooting for them in the film's closing moments.
    Roxana HadadiPajiba
    "From whence does fulfillment come?" Sumney wonders, and Queen & Slim is at its best when it paints portraits of black love and black resistance as answers to that question.
    Kathryn ReklisThe Christian Century
    The film's gift is to let us move and breathe with [Queen and Slim] in the intimate quiet of their own indeterminate world.