Raya and the Last Dragon

There were pockets of beautiful animation, but also lots of dull psychedelic attempts at animation. The story was predictable, even stupid at times, and the acting (voices) was meh. We went to see this based on the positive ratings. My husband, daughter, and I all waited for it to get good and it never did. Save your money and watch your How To Train Your Dragon DVD again instead. Seriously.
    Loved it. I hope that there will be a sequel.
    A visually stunning film brought to life by the vibrant characters and enriching story laced with an empowering message of loss, rage, forgiveness and ultimately moving forward. This film manages to shatter all entries from the Disney brand with ease and elevates the expectations for films to come.
    Raya and the last dragon, is a story that tells us about the world of Kumandra, where humans and dragons lived together long ago in harmony. But when evil forces threatened the territory, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Years later those forces return, and Raya finds the last dragon to rebuild the world and unite her people. For many years the different clans have fought for the gem that had saved them before. Thanks to a false friendship the gem is broken and it is when the forces of evil return. Raya and Sisu the last dragon, in an adventure recover the fragments of the gem, and after Raya recovers the confidence, they defeat the evil, all the dragons return and the different clans of Kumandra are united.
    Well, what else did you expect from a Disney Pixar movie Raya was no exception this movie I hadn't seen anything of it, I actually at the start forced myself to watch it, however did I regret that, I did not. Another classic from Pixar, Raya bring out something which is very missing in real life, and with this trust of the clan's almost, respresting the countries how one could try to bring them together and they take advantage of that. And it causes a worse outcome due to greed. And this film has just a amazing story like every other Pixar film, tears, laughter, fear. I would say one thing I would improve (if it was a option to give 4.9 ⭐️ I would for this) and that is at the very end, Tuk Tuk I think it would have been right for Ba to see him all grown up which I think was a miss opportunity so 5/5 ⭐️ is highly deserved from this Pixar movie.
    I found the plot to be a bit too similar to Avatar the Last Airbender. Also the dragon was pretty annoying and honestly the ending I found a bit too similar to Frozen. They all turn to stone/ ice and then they are fine and celebrate. However, the animation and visuals were incredible.
    It was good but just lacked something. Still a fun fantasy adventure movie for the family.
    Raya and the Last Dragon is a tale of a young warrior who pledges to save the world with the help of a legend, the last dragon. Disney's animated features have always been timeless. Disney movies make you feel young, no matter what your age is. The film, through flashbacks, portrays a fresh and exciting new story. Raya and the Last Dragon is a beautifully animated movie. It has to establish two worlds, and it does so with amazing cinematography. When things are good in the film, the scenes give the audience a sense of calm. On the other hand, when there is confrontation, you can feel the dread simply through the colour palette. While the film is heavy on action, it still has a high emotional quotient. Like most Disney films, it has a lesson to impart. Raya and the Last Dragon also benefits from its sense of humour. There are many subtle situations that invoke a laugh, without needing to have punchlines. Raya and the Last Dragon is quite an entertaining watch. It also has a very talented cast of actors who have made the film a memorable experience.
    In today's world more messages like this are needed, we human beings must thrive together as creatures of the same kind.
    This was kind of a let down for not having a Disney movie in a while it just felt like Disney needed to make something.