Raya and the Last Dragon

, 95% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Another gorgeously animated, skillfully voiced entry in the Disney canon, Raya and the Last Dragon continues the studio's increased representation while reaffirming that its classic formula is just as reliable as ever.
    Roxana HadadiPajiba
    As an overall throwback, and as a return to the streamlined storytelling upon which Disney built its supremacy, Raya and the Last Dragon is a welcome expansion of the Disney universe.
    Mark KermodeKermode & Mayo's Film Review
    The message is that you have to put aside differences and learn to trust and find common ground. It feels like it's hitting the right notes, with spectacular visuals.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Amy NicholsonFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    There's a darkness here that I think is lacking in a lot of modern Disney films, and I respect that its message isn't just "believe in yourself."
    Stephen RomeiThe Australian
    I left the cinema thinking that the world is not quite like it is at the end of this movie, but we might all be happier if it was.
    Richard RoeperChicago Sun-Times
    Awkwafina leads a lively voice cast in a visually arresting adventure.
    Simran HansObserver (UK)
    There is an incandescence and a buoyancy to the animation that elevates the formula.
    Susan KamyabIrving Television
    "Raya and the Last Dragon" gives us a glimmer of hope and unity during this time of division.
    Kent GarrisonMad About Movies Podcast
    The story feels like more of a means to an end to show off some flashy animation rather than giving us anything to really care about.
    Eddie Harrisonfilm-authority.com
    ...top drawer Disney, it's a thoughtful, nimble riposte to the brainless slug-fests that most family films descend into, and it's a self-aware, open-minded slice of world-building that should open the doors for a new franchise...
    Lupe Rodriguez HaasCineMovie.tv
    You won't be able to take your eyes off of "Raya and the Last Dragon' with the beautiful palette of colors that make this Disney film pop off screen. The storyline doesn't break ground but women as the heroes and villains make it all the more interesting.