Relic

Suspenseful and original horror with dramatic elements that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster. Some poignant moments dealing with family and especially dementia in the elderly. Definitely worth watching!
    When I first watched it I was kind of annoyed at the ending but then I researched the directors meaning behind the ending and it became all too crystal clear, to the point I teared up. If youve ever had the misfortune of having to watch a loved one go through this dreaded disease you will "get" this film. If you have been fortunate to not "get" this film, consider yourself lucky. The film basically says that you help your loved one strip away their old self and accept the new person they've become and love them unconditionally until that dreaded disease takes their life eventually. As someone who has gone through this, I felt a lot of pain watching this movie. Remember... do not get frustrated with your parent or grandparents loss of memory, or change in personality, just live in their fantasy world and play along, accept where they are at that moment, and redirect them when they are having an outburst. And yes living through this can be a horror story if you don't seek help on how to care for someone with dementia. God Bless
    Classic case of the audience wanting a Nightmare on Elm Street film. If you’re a casual horror fan, you’ll hate this movie. This is an actual film, not child’s play.
    It was interesting and slightly suspenseful but didn't have much of an understanding. Honestly this was a bad movie. They could have filled in more parts of the movie.
    Slowburn anxiety film, but when it hit me what the movie was actually about... it was kind of heart breaking. A mother and daughter search for the missing grandmother. When the grandmother is found she's not quite the same... creepy and sad film but definitely worth my time.
    Sometimes a good end to a boring movie can make,the insignificant moments powerful as it brings everything together into a stunning revelation. This movie does quite the opposite. The end made the boring moments even more boring and meaningless.
    Strikes a perfect ambiguity between dark fantasy and stark reality.
    Wow. Just short of expertly crafted. Will evoke tears or jeers. *SPOILER* Powerful allegory for dementia.
    Stupid movie. It was great at first with it being mysterious. Instead of it being a normal scary movie it was a "I'm crazy with dementia and this is all in your head" garbage. It ends with the daughter and granddaughter coming to terms to accept the dementia and the loss of a loved one with a stupid metaphor of peeling off the grandmother's skin. Not scary and don't watch it. Total let down.
    Relic is a brand new psychological horror and the feature film debut from Natalie James, first released at Sundance on January 25th, and released on VOD today, July 10th! Kay(Emily Mortimer) and her daughter Sam(Bella Heathcote), as they return to their remote family home to search for Edna(Robyn Nevin), the elderly and widowed matriarch who has recently went missing. Soon after she returns they start to discover a sinister presence haunting the house and taking control of Edna. This is a dark and intense journey that follows three generations of women stuck inside a house together, it's a slow burn that focuses on character development and relationship dynamics, which are my two favourite elements for a horror film. Speaking of the horror… It doesn't once rely on jump scares and instead starts off ominous and unsettling, but over its 89mins runtime the dread builds, until we reach a terrifying and emotional climax that will surely be giving me nightmares for the next week. Relic is a heartbreaking and beautiful exploration in to Alzheimer's disease that resonated with me in a very real way. It brought my greatest fears to life and showed me how it would feel to live them out with our characters. There are very few films that have explored a mental illness so well, and so accurately. It never portrays anyone as solely good or evil, especially those suffering, and leaves just the right amount unsaid or ambiguous. I would highly recommend watching Relic, but would also advise going in with caution, this is a very real and emotional subject that has touched many people's lives and it is not an easy thing to watch.