Relic

It was the most boring movie ever Way to much on character building The ending was .... really this does not build up Waste of time!!
    Above-average horror tale prefers creepy atmosphere over shock effects, but does deliver the goods slowly with tension, suspense and a revealing ending.
    Creepy Movie, perhaps a little too slow
    Relic sets up a really interesting story with a number of well thought out scares, and then crushes them with poor directing, a nothing plot, and a very uninteresting and weird ending.
    This horrific tackle on dementia in a metaphorically elaborate symbolic matter that voids plot holes and unsettlingly sickens is a devastatingly terrifying nightmare but not scary due to unclear execution towards dimmed manifestations. (C+)
    Anyone who has taken care of a dying parent understands the horror involved. I have, I get this movie. This film, "Relic", joins the ranks of "Psycho" and "Rosemary's Baby" as one of the GREATEST HORROR FILMS ever. And for those who haven't taken care of an aging parent, well, you're blessed in a million ways...unless you're under 65 and your parents are still living. Shortly, you'll get it, but I truly hope you never will truly be involved in the horror. "Relic" is grounded so much in reality that it is indeed terrifying, and thus a masterpiece.
    A Building-horror that becomes the victim of a non-existent narrative and a badly written script. Specifically, this does not even try to describe the etiology of the problem that led to the ruin of the family.If that's not enough, the choices of the characters are totally inhuman, to throw completely away any chance of realism.
    should of been a comedy
    Two important features of early gothic fiction were that the physical state of the central character's house would in some way mirror their own physical/emotional/mental state, and secondly the trope of the 'mad woman in the attic' - sometimes she could be a character only referred bt never met. Relic takes both of these ideas and bakes them into a film that for much of its running time sits in the uncanny valley between domestic psychological drama and horror. In the last 30 minutes or so the film chooses its lane - horror - with disturbing and unnerving consequences, whilst never losing sight of the domestic and familial elements which keep us interested on a human level. In other respects it's also a haunted house film, as three generations of women from one family work out who they are and how their lives will now work now that the eldest of the three is experiencing dementia. It's a film that will carry much welcome resonance for anyone with personal experience of its cruel condition, and the performance of Emily Mortimer - the woman in the 2nd of the three generations - is especially powerful.
    I sometimes wonder if the critics I'm watching the same movie that I am.