Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    God awful. While I could go into depth explaining my hatred for this movie, ‘Star Wars: the rise of Skywalker Pitch Meeting' on YouTube all but sums it up quickly. I will list five things, however, that made the movie laughably bad: 1. No consequences (seriously? Nothing bad happens to any of the main characters?) 2. The kiss. Just why. 3. Force healing?? What?! Why?!! 4. Bringing Palpatine back just because and giving him the most basic and boring motives. 5. Rey. She's just a boring character in this movie.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Another great film‼️ Way better than I expected. This is one of the best Star Wars films.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I'd have to watch episode's 1 & 2 again to be sure, but this may have been the worst Star Wars movie I have ever seen. This trilogy was absolutely the worst of the three. There is not doubt about that. They crammed in way too much. They didn't fill any plot wholes, but created new ones. The death of the emperor was a complete joke. Anakin Skywalker's story arc loses its weight because of these films. It is obvious the creative team had no plan for the story arc across episodes 7,8, and 9. Its almost like they planned to trash the original trilogy.
    So for all the people who KNOW, star wars is just movies and not real, this movie was awsome...
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Awful movie. I strongly disliked episode 8, but this one made episode 8 better in comparison. It also had the unique effect of undermining the entire 9-movie arc. There was not one memorable scene, performance, or line of dialogue. Absolutely abysmal.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    More horrible trash from Disney Star Wars. It is so sad what could have been if Disney only had a plan and good leadership in place for these movies but sadly they didn't and still don't. This move makes no sense.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Great conclusion to an amazing series of movies!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Good movie - but it felt like The last season of game of thrones - too rushed.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Not giving any spoilers. I do have to admit J.J. Abrams had some big shoes to fill in completing George Lucas's saga in the Star Wars Empire. You could tell it was a corporate film finishing the legacy and not Lucas himself. It was good, I can only say it was not Lucas good.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Star Wars: Episode IX- The Rise of Skywalker is a combination of everything good and bad in the Star Wars franchise from the Prequels' bad dialogue to eye rolling moments to abrupt character turns to the original trilogy's shining moments of the heroes together to the heartwarming emotion and to the essential theme of anyone can be a hero even with a dark past. As the ending of the Sequel Trilogy, this film is a solid great conclusion. As the ending of the entire Skywalker Saga, it was a disappointment. As a film overall, it was okay.