Summerland

Absolutely loved it! Has amazing actors and actresses who did an amazing job. The storyline is really good and the end was quite a twist that's I wasn't expecting at all. It's a must see if your into semi cheesy stories.
    I loved this movie so much and can't recommend it highly enough. It is a great story about the lives of those still at home during war/crises and how it affects them and those around them. All the cast were brilliant and I was so happy that I got to experience it as my first movie after COVID-19 had shut down our theatre.
    This Directorial debut by Jessica Swale offers the viewer some main takeaways-Very strong acting from lead Gemma Arterton. A real powerhouse of an actor that one can see welcoming an Oscar into her home sometime in the next coming years. Arterton manages to captivate the character Alice smoothly for the entire length of the film not once losing the viewers interest to learn more about what makes her tick. Also, Swale offers a cast of adults and children that work together very well with chemistry and comedic timing. Lucas Bond and Dixie Egerickx have a strong future in film and stage ahead of them for sure! Plus, a production team that makes a visual impact using set designs, scenery, and colors to hold the greatest cinephiles attention to even the smallest of details like the red push pins Alice uses on her boards. The story is one of magic, family, love, and loss with possibility threading it all together. Where it missed being a 5 out of 5 for me was the relationship aspect with Gugu Mbatha-Raw for I would have liked to have seen her acting abilities a bit heightened instead of simply radiating beauty. At the climax of the film, her acting tended to be a bit rehearsed and the lines flowed without expression yet Arterton surely makes up for anything that might be out of sorts. The cinematography is beautiful. I highly recommend and am just being picky yet I really respect this film and am so glad it was made. Well done.
    Beautiful British scenery and really good to see Gemma Arterton on screen - she is so sympathetic. Great kids too.
    I have NEVER cried that much while watching a movie. Every scene is beautifully constructed to make an unforgettable movie.
    Such a cinematic triumph! Cinematography awards awaiting, surely?! LR certainly deserves recognition Hadn't realised GA had been on the production team. Her performance in front of the cameras is stellar. Her pairing with LB worked so well... He's a talent I'll keep an eye on, moving forwards As for the story, it's a masterfully written tale of wartime dramas, unrequited love, desires and social pressures, and personal growth in the midst of the same
    Very well done just didn’t realize what the story was about. Good acting and as I said well done. Wasn’t to much in your face.
    Really good wholesome movie!
    Amazing acting especially by Gemma Arterton. The sort of movie I like. A great storyline all the way through, you never knew what would happen next. I got quite emotional over it. I wish there were more films like this. I looked through my local cinema listings and the other films were the same tired old scripts just revamped.
    A wonderful film worthy of the immensely talented cast. This is a film. Not a movie. It goes beyond fantastical coincidences and moves straight to the heart of the characters' experiences. A visual treasure...