Tenet

DON'T BOTHER! Wow! What went wrong? Bad acting. Bad story. Special effects? Another wow! Who ever thought of running film backwards! How original! What a waste!
    I watched Tenet as a movie rental on Amazon in the safety of my home. "Don't try to understand it, feel it" certainly rings true - the harder I tried to think about the details, the more my head was spinning. I followed the story well enough the first time. After the revelations at the end, I went watched it a second time to see if there were clues that I missed, but I was actually more confused. I admittedly started to get a bit lost during the third act - mostly the lengthy action sequence in the Russian closed city with the red and blue teams. I understood the concept, but the action was hard to follow. I think the concept of time inversion is a cool idea for a movie, but I would have liked characters that had more heart and soul to them. They often seemed like hollow vessels only to explain to the audience what they're doing, rather than being rounded characters. Robert Pattinson was good as Neil though, but none of the characters were presented in a way that really made you root for them. The Protagonist was less of a developed character. I watched it with headphones on and found that the dialogue was audible enough, except for a few lines here and there that I missed. I did think that the struggle-breathing gasping for air on the soundtrack was a bit grim during Covid times given that it's a painful respiratory disease. I found that fairly unsettling, but maybe it was too late to remove it when Covid hit in 2020. Nolan's theme of family appears again, of a parent being reunited with their child, a theme that occurs in many of his films - Inception, Interstellar, etc. It's interesting that he can write a story that seems cold and lacking heart, but he always returns to family at the end. In the case of Tenet, it was more about presenting a concept than telling a story.
    Nolan brings it again with this bad boy of a story. The only regret watching it was I had too see it at home and missed the cinema release due to current pandemic. When the whole virus thing is over, if they did a cinema rerun I will be there. Its so good its worth a rewatch anyway. Great story, great acting, amazing visuals and a film ending sequence to die for.
    An excellent concept which was never going to be easy to convey on the big screen. MAny found it hard to follow which is no great surprise with all the jumping back and forth but once you get the concept the movie becomes that much more enjoyable. Well written and very slick which is nothing less than you would expect from a Christopher Nolan film. Very pleased that it was released during the Summer as it was great to get back to the Cinema for some much needed escape from all the madness in the world. Possibly watching it twice will allow some to enjoy the film 2nd time around.
    confusing but that was part of the fun! I would love to see a sequel
    My wife and I both thought the movie, while cleaver, was VERY, VERY difficult to follow. There were many scenes where time was going forwards or backwards. It was very difficult to know what was going on much of the time.
    Nothing happens...twice. A annonymous midget chewing lines isn't any better in reverse.
    It feels like Nolan tried too much to make another "Inception", but wasn't able to make clear rules about world in a movie. It is still Nolan so ofcourse it's quality movie, maybe just not as much as i hope it would be.
    Possibly one of the greatest achievements in writing I have ever seen. The star of this film is its plot and not its characters. And that's okay. In fact it's terrific. Planning the advance, keeping them in order, I'm covering all its bases is a true feat. Grasping this film is not hard if attention to detail is observed. I found a second viewing just as rewarding picking up notes not noticed during the first.
    All style and no substance. Chilly, convoluted, and trying way too hard.