The Aeronauts

72% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score72%
  • Thrilling visuals and the substantial chemistry of its well-matched leads make The Aeronauts an adventure well worth taking.
    Nestor BentancorNestor Cine Desde Hollywood
    A well-crafted mix of survival adventure and inspirational drama that delivers a pleasant journey without rocking the boat. [Full review in Spanish]
    Lisa TrifoneThird Coast Review
    Though more than once I found myself silently pleading with them to please just stop leaning over the side of the basket please god please, I was nevertheless on the edge of my seat throughout
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    M. FaustThe Public (Buffalo)
    There is visual panache that made me feel at all times as if I was in this gas-powered balloon floating miles above the ground.
    Robert W. ButlerButler's Cinema Scene
    An aerial thriller packed with gobsmacking visual splendors, The Aeronauts is also historically based... though not so much as to let facts muck up our enjoyment.
    Sara Michelle FettersMovieFreak.com
    [The] breathtaking spectacle of it all is glorious.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    John LuiThe Straits Times (Singapore)
    A tiring watch.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Jeanmarie TanThe New Paper (Singapore)
    But whatever pretty visuals and thrilling balloon sequences on show are weighed down by dull flashbacks of the duo's personal baggage, eventually deflating The Aeronauts' ability to rise above the material and truly soar.
    Alexia AmorielloFilm Inquiry
    The Aeronauts is a good film but not necessarily a great one. Regardless of its exhilarating action sequences and strong performances, the film is easily forgettable.
    Edwin ArnaudinAsheville Movies
    Delivers frequent thrills that acrophobes may want to skip - or treat as a safe way to overcome their fears.
    David SimsThe Atlantic
    Yes, women belong in balloons. They also belong in good movies, and it's a shame this isn't one.