The Empire Strikes Back

According to many sources, The Empire Strikes Back was one of the highest grossing films of the 1980s, and to date has earned more than $538 million from it's original run and re-releases. The sequel to the 1977 hit Star Wars had people queueing up for hours only to be stunned by the ultimate climax. George Lucas handed directing duties to Irvin Kershner (Robocop 2), while Leigh Brackett (Rio Bravo) and Lawrence Kasdan (Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark) formed a story where the protagonists were in constant danger. This was something that didn't please many critics during its original release, as the sequel has a maturer approach of storytelling. We're given a much-needed darker tone, character depth, and some incredible emotional substance. As the Star Wars universe is expanded, we dive deep in to the story of Rebels vs The Empire. Everything from new locations, characters and ideas behind the Force are territories explored perfectly whilst still capturing the magic of the original. Over the past several decades The Empire Strikes Back has shown that it isn't just a great sequel, it is the ultimate sequel, with a vast number of series trying to copy the darkness and maturity. From films that immediately followed it such as Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan (1982), to current features including Avengers: Infinity War (2018). Critics and fans alike are constantly asking if sequels are "the next Empire". The Empire Strikes Back took everything that made Star Wars such an amazing experience and added so much more to the universe. It takes the series in to a more engaging direction, whilst adding depth and emotional substance, making it completely surpass the processor in every way. 40 years later, it continues to stand tall as one of the greatest sci-fi adventures and one of the best sequels ever made.
    I can relate to the other five-star ratings!
    Not as good as the first but a super close second. Love the characters and the story line too. Again a great Star Wars movie.
    By far the best of the Star Wars Saga, which is rare for a sequel. With the multi-stranded narrative meaning the audience constantly wants to know what is happening elsewhere in the universe. George Lucas provides the audience with a film worth talking about with an unusual ending. However, it has provided people with the name Luke the misfortune of being told they are their father where ever they go
    The best Star Wars there is. Period.
    The exception to the rule: second parts are bad! This one, surpased it's prequel. This is a movie everyone should watch at least once in their lives! Best sci-fi movie ever! Best sequel ever! Best cliffhanger (at the end) ever! Best quotes ever: "No, I'm your father" 😱 Per-fec-tion!!! 🏆🏆🏆
    Among the best sequels in a trilogy ever, Empire Strikes Back is a masterclass on how to make a sequel in trilogy format.
    I love the movie for so many reasons. I couldn't say them all. I love the musical score and the famous quote: "No, I am your father".
    This is personally one of my favorite Star Wars movies. I really like the fact that throughout this movie we get to see the difference in power between the Empire and the Rebellion. The Empire has almost unlimited resources since they are in control of a galaxy, while the rebellion only has the resources that the people supporting the Rebellion have. I also like the fact that we see how it is one of the few Star Wars movies where the bad guys win (the other being Revenge of the Sith). While we now know the outcome of the story, when it first came out people didn't know what to expect for the future of the franchise. On the downside, in order to fully understand the movie, you have to watch Episode IV, and there is also the fact that the movie is kind of old, so new audiences might find it kind of boring. Still, I would rate this movie a 5 out of 5.
    10 out of 10 i dont have anything wrong to say . My favorite movie maybe