The Hunt

54% Rotten Tomatometer Score54%
  • The Hunt is successful enough as a darkly humorous action thriller, but it shoots wide of the mark when it aims for timely social satire.
    James BerardinelliReelViews
    It's a solid throwaway B-movie that probably thinks it has more to say than it actually does but is entertaining nonetheless.
    David FearRolling Stone
    The only thing more deadly here than the bullets are the bullet points flying at you so fast, so furiously.
    Christy LemireBreakfast All Day
    I walked away [thinking] that was enjoyable, but maybe it didn't have as sharp of teeth as it could have.
    Ed PottonTimes (UK)
    The Hunt is fun, frothy and yet rooted in our wounded world. And if that's not enough to persuade you - Donald Trump hates it.
    Charlotte O'SullivanLondon Evening Standard
    A collaboration between Universal and Blumhouse this riotously violent horror-comedy deserves its second chance, though ignore critics who tell you it's as sharp as Get Out (that's fake news).
    Adam GrahamDetroit News
    It's a movie that's trying to hold up a mirror to modern America and show us that we all need to come together or we're all going to go off the deep end and do something we really regret. Right message, wrong movie.
    Jordan RuimyWorld of Reel
    Too scared to truly provoke, too pointless to truly sting.
    Craig D. LindseyCultureMap Houston
    No matter how silly and savage The Hunt gets, it's still nowhere as insane as the news we get on an hourly basis.
    Stephen RomeiThe Australian
    What I think this intelligent, violent movie is saying is that both stories are wrong because in races where it's us (or US) versus them there can be no winner.
    Steve SchneiderOrlando Weekly
    The Hunt eventually abandons its us-versus-them orientation to declare airily and homiletically that there are extremes on both sides, and that thinking the worst of people just inspires them to behave as badly as you had imagined.