The King

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Movies of this particular setting and time frame are usually hit or miss with me, this one was a total hit. Totally enjoyable and a recommend to anyone. 4 of 5
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I definitely liked this movie . If there was a knock I would say the pacing seemed a tad ruched . This seemed like it almost could have been a little mini series rather than a movie . But since it was a movie, I can contest I was a fan . Everything seemed plausible and kept me interested 3.4. One unbelievable thing was timothe keep thinking he鈥檚 some battle warrior willing to fight anyone one on one . In a real world he woulda got his ass handed to him
    all hail The King !!!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This really worked for me as a whole for a work of historical fiction. Timothy Chalemet continues to knock me out with his presence and the impression he sets. Edgerton is a fine actor, but I was unhappy with the creation of this version of Falstaff. Where's the rowdy scoundrel, the drunken philosopher? Also great is Sean Harris, who majors, in a way, in conniving, corrosive characters of a sort. Pattinson seemed to rather walk through this one, however. I felt more from the brief work of Depp as a would-be queen. But I got spirit roused in me when the rain did indeed fall, and esp. during the mighty battle. So, aim achieved. 3.6 stars
    We loved this. And loved Hal. We look forward to seeing more of this actor.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    If this film was about WW2, it would describe how the gentle nazis envaded Europe, with a peaceful leader, and how bad people in occupied countries that deserve their fate... Reality: England invaded France, or least tried to. The won their first battles by breaking every chivalry codes. Which is ok it was successful, but imagine your comments now if the French did it. The English King wasn't really "peaceful". He encouraged destruction and burning of villages, prisoners were massacred. So in terms of visuals and acting it's ok, but it as much historically accurate as a CCCP producted film.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    At first I thought why not just watch the Shakespeare. However it is fantastically acted and the twists to the play are great. I highly recommend it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    This movie shocked me. I was expecting a lot more gratuitous violence and meaningless battles. I was pleasantly surprised that this movie is a story of a boy that is made into a king. It had me at the edge of my seat and my stomach tightened in the sadness is brings to my eyes. Do not base this movie on Shakespeare's plays or King Henry's history, but base it on its own merit. It was worth my 2 hours.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    饾悞饾惍饾惁饾惁饾悮饾惈饾惒: In 15th century England, King Henry IV has escalated the country's wars with Scotland and Wales while upon his own death bed. Following the king's natural yet untimely death, his estranged son Prince Henry V (Chalamet) must rule in spite of his late father rather than in place of him. 饾槢饾槱饾槮 饾槖饾槳饾槸饾槰 is one of the best movies I've seen recently. The film's greatest strength is its execution of medieval dialogue while remaining relatively tangible and easy to follow (although subtitles are still recommended to combat some of the thicker accents). It includes yet 饾槩饾槸饾槹饾樀饾槱饾槮饾槼 stellar performance from Timothee Chalamet alongside brilliant supporting acting by Edgerton and Pattinson. The battle scenes are intentionally sloppy, fumbling, and chaotic in order to resemble a more realistic depiction of the ruthlessness and brutality of medieval warfare, with a climactic battle that draws close parallels to GoT's "Battle of the Bastards." If you're a fan of medieval films and can sit still past the two hour mark, this is a Netflix streaming option that I highly recommend.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Being The King can be a real slog! It鈥檚 also fun to watch. A brooding take on a brutal time.