The King

Slow to start but captivating for the most part. The score is fantastic.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I didnt expect much from a random netflix find but I have been surprised lately. They seem to be stepping it up with their originals. This was a surprisingly great movie that I really enjoyed great acting on the leads part. I think this is the first thing I've seen him in and he killed it. I hope he makes more movies
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Really damn good Netflix movie!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The story begins with a dying Henry IV still ruling over England, he wants Thomas to succeed him but when he perishes in battle Henry V is crowned King. Previously living amongst the people and ignoring any kind of royal responsibility, Henry reluctantly accepts the life he has previously tried to escape. As he begins his reign he is faced with in fighting at court and a war with France that eventually leads to the brutal Battle of Agincourt. I thought The King was superb. Timothee Chalamet really surprised me in the lead role. He is a great actor but I had doubts about him in this role. However, he was a perfect fit and made the role his own. The film was beautifully shot and the Battle of Agincourt was spot on, they captured the brutality, chaos and confusion of the muddy, bloody battlefield. Another role I had my doubts about was Robert Pattinson as The Dauphin but again, another spot on bit of casting as he was completely detestable without tipping over into a pantomime villain role. Historical epic that is well worth seeing.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Great Netflix Movie, a little boring in the start but as the story goes you start to feel empathy for Henry V and you want to see him succeed. And the final plot twist "oh men". Great Movie, Satisfied.
    A GAME CHANGER BY NETFLIX
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    A little slow at the start, but ultimately superb! Some critics may not like that it was not faithfully "Shakespearean", but I think it took much from The Bard and freshened it up nicely. Highly recommend!
    The story told by the movie was true to Historic accounts based on recent articles that I've read battle realism seem brutal and true and I was surprised by more than one point in the movie the backstory of trouble of the king not trusting anybody was a pleasant surprise
    Historians and lovers of the Bard please stay away or take a chill pill when watching this movie. Intriguing and entertaining. Well told story.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The soundtrack was the best part. Personally Henry was miscast, the actor is very overrated. He isn't a bad actor but doesn't shine neither. The movie has a weird ending and doesn't really has a message or a clear conclusion. But overall i enjoyed. Also loved Robert Pattinson in it I wish he had more scenes.