The Last Shift

I saw another Richard Jenkins movie in a day! He played old and quiet fast food sandwiches maker and he was great. Shane Paul McGhie played new employee guy and he was nice. Ed O'Neill (Modern Family) did nice supporting role. Movie was slow and really dark, but I felt it was good. Co-Executive Produced by Alexander Payne (Director of Election, Sideways)
    People don't want to see films with real working class folks living their lives without some huge zinger like zombies or super heroes. This is a perfectly acted and we'll written script that isn't overly preachy like many movies focusing on race. It focuses on how real people both black and white deal with these issues and the options open for them. Do I think it's a 5 star film? No. But in relation to the backlash against a film about real people doing real things I felt it necessary to boost the score. It deserves attention.
    There was no ending to me.
    Boring story, drags on too long for the thin premise.
    Really slow and boring.
    Very disappointing. Bad conclusion.
    This could have been a good movie, but for the non comedy, wrong genre for sure. It went off in random directions, never came to any conclusion, and has the worst ending of any movie - ever!!!! Do not waste your money
    Depressing yet honest
    I loved this movie. The acting is top notch, it moves at a great pace, and the dialog is just fascinating throughout. Sure, it's not a big blockbuster action movie, but I was totally engaged in this smart film throughout.
    This movie is unbelievably racist towards white. It really missed a great chance to show how even though their backgrounds were different they faced the similar struggles. Instead this movie touched on "white guilt" and some how the older white gentleman was suppose to be responsible for the death of a kid at his school simply because he didnt speak up. Then it goes on to paint how his white privilege ruined the younger black man's life. This could have been a great movie with great actors but the story line was garbage. Instead of showing some unity the movie really portrayed a racist rhetoric against whites. I would get a refund if I could.