The Lighthouse

Great movie. Had a lot of laughs and a lot of winces.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Very deep. Both actors were wonderful. You could actually feel the desperation along with the characters. Special effects very good as well.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    When Robert Eggers made his directorial debut in 2015 with The Witch, many critics and viewers lost their heads but it really didn't strike a chord with me. As much as it was very well made, I found it vastly overrated. With The Lighthouse, however, Eggers delivers exactly the kind of film I was expecting. This is a deeply psychological and haunting piece of work that's stunningly crafted with such meticulous attention to detail. Essentially it's a moody chamber-piece that relies heavily on the work of its two principal actors but both Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe are up to the task. It could frustrate some viewers in terms of its ambiguity but i found that a fully fitting approach in our characters' decent into isolated madness.
    Brilliant film, terrific performances from the leads, and the cinematography is astounding. Trust me, you don’t want to miss this movie. Whoever is giving this movie a 1 star review are brainwashed.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This movie was a disappointment and way to long.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Almost everything about this film is almost impeccably made. Unfortunately, like Eggers' The Witch, it's a dull affair that makes it difficult to get invested in.
    Eerie, disturbing, omninous. A beautiful claustrophobic, 1.19:1 aspect ratio, black and white fucking masterpiece. Haven't had this thrilling feeling while watching a movie since The Shining. Absolutely deserves your attention.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Not good ...a total timewater....not real plot ...just a sleeper...literally.
    Fantastic film, great actors, stunning photography. Full of folkloric and mythical elements, you need to see this one, trust me.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Crazy stuff. It sticks to your mind. A must see if you like something different