The Lighthouse

Do you want to relive taking that elective intro to video 101 class from college? This is the movie for you. Black and White. Check. nonsense? Check. Drinking? A titty? Feces? This movie ticks every single shitty intro to art school box.
    I was wondering when it ends. Interesting visuals to see but very boring storyline
    The Lighthouse was okay at best. A good example of "just because it's different, doesn't make it good". The style it was filmed in was interesting, but didn't add much to the movie in my opinion. Most of the movie was watching two men grow mad together, which I don't find interesting. Also, the random visions don't enhance the story for me. I just found them as a cheesy tool to show just how mad "Tommy" had gotten instead of focusing on actual material. You can already see that through his frustration and drinking habits, why add needless visions? Overall, if you don't mind watching two men together, talking madness, with nothing around them for two hours, then this is your movie. It's just not mine.
    Captured in meticulous b/w cinematography, set in a barren landscape and with extraordinary performances by the two leads, this is a dark, at times almost surreal tale of the two men's descent into a mutual love-hate relationship and ultimately into horror and madness.
    If you're looking for an experience where a lot of the horror and dread is left to your imagination, where you make your own ideas and conclusions, this is very much a movie for ye. The plot is very much all over the place, and you very much need a strong imagination to appreciate this fine piece of work. The acting from Pattinson and Dafoe is out of this world brilliant. The cinematography is chilling and yet and the same time beautiful, and the directing is so excellent you'll be consumed by awe for the entire playtime. Pretty much instantly became my all-time favorite the first watch, and I've watched it more time than I care to admit for the last few months.
    Every frame is filled with perfection That's it... that's the review
    An absolute horrific and (intentionally) disgusting film. Just like it's predecessor the witch, Robert Eggers manages to create a terrifying atmosphere with a story that challenges the viewer instead of telling a singular story.
    Torture is the kindest Word I can think of.
    What a stinker of a movie! Little to no plot. I wanted to like the movie. But was disappointed in its content.
    Okay, this movie is well-made and has lots going for it but it's an art-house style of film so it does have lots of cinematic approaches that probably won't resonate with most people: it didn't with me. The acting is great, the overall effort is good, but I just did not enjoy this one bit. I did give it 1 and a half stars just for the artistic merit it was attempting to hit.