The Lion King

Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    An Animal Planet documentary featuring talking animals with unmemorable "real" faces.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The Realism killed the movie for me. I feel like it lost a lot of its magic because of that. Also, the soundtrack had no spark like the original did. Some movies should just be left alone.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Just.... No. Don't rent it. Don't buy it. Tell Disney they need to fire the producer and animation director, or move them over to NatGeo.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    No emotion in characters face ! Too realistic for a Disney movie.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The movie was entertaining and a fun way to remember the movie. It's highs were high and it's lows were meh. So at the end of the day it's a fun trip down memory lane while leaving something new and entertaining for the next generation.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    If you seen the original it was like watching it on tv and the cut alot out to make it fit in the time slot, that it lacked heart compared to the original
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I don't know exactly why, perhaps it was because the CGI made the animals seem so real, but I thought that the final conflict may have been a bit too intense for young viewers. I see that the rating was PG - but I don't really know what that means for parents these days. I hope that very young children were not exposed to this. But then again, maybe I have just been watching too many episodes of Crocodile Hunter and Crikey! It's the Irwins - and have developed too much sympathy for wild animals, of any species, to be able to root for scenes when they are being hurt or killed. Such a wuss, I guess..
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    For the love of Goofy, make something original Disney!
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    What purpose did creating this movie achieve? Nothing. The animation and CG was top class. But not believable. There was a lack of energy in all songs. And no feeling. I was physically ill.
    I loved it, brought so many memories back. And I guess if you were a fan of the first, as an adult, you would appreciate this!