The Lion King

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The Lion King Live Action is the best you can expect from a classic children's animated movie reboot, but it still sad to watch even as an adult.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    An exact copy of the original. None of the animals had any expression. This was made purely for money.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Visually this film is amazing, animation of animals and scenery are simply amazing. But it falls horribly flat vocally. Why they needed to remake it is beyond me. It will never have the heart and fell of the original. I give this 5/5 For visual and .5/5 For dialogue
    Disney did a great job of providing fresh scenes and content, while at the same time staying true to the original. Pharrell Williams and Hanz Zimmer did an amazing job with the soundtrack, the voice actors delivered great performances and the CGI on this is beautiful. This was one of the most hyped-up movies of the year, and Jon Favreau definitely didn't disappoint.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This film is the definition of a mixed bag. While the animation is very nice, the rehashed score is decent, and Timon and Pumbaa are very funny, I hate some stuff in this film. The film is soulless and does nothing new to justify its existence. Also, Simba, Scar, and Mufasa are all super uninteresting. However, Zazu is the absolute worst. He has so many jokes that could get laughs, but John Oliver's voice is so bland that I swear an answering machine did the voice work. The songs are also mixed. While I enjoyed Hakuna Matata and The Circle of Life, Be Prepared and a few others were complete garbage. Also, there are only 3 scenes in this 2-hour film that seemed decent to me. The stampede was decent in that it looked nice and kept the action going. The second is Timon and Pumbaa convincing Simba to believe in the meaningless line of indifference because these are self-aware animals choosing not to be self-aware. The final and best one is The Lion Sleeps Tonight. This is the funniest, catchiest, and honestly most interesting scene in the whole film. It is the only thing truly expanded upon from the original for some reason. There are some good elements to the film, but most of it is garbage.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Lion King (2019) I felt as much as this movie looks impressive visually it misses it when it comes to hitting the emotional responses as far as comedy, sadness, or songs. The comedy was not there at all. This film skips jokes in the Original film and I never laughed. I only chuckled. This film misses the visual vibrant colors of the original film. Everything is natural pale colors. It misses it for me when it comes to the stampede scene. What this film does do is provide more drama to action scenes and context to Scar and Nola. Scar you almost feel why he is upset with why he has not come further and that his King role was taken away from him but we also see how he abused power in the Lion King more than the animated film. This film misses the emotional responses I should have like the Circle of Life or I am going to be a King. The Scar song is the one where it is the worst. The passing in this film is too quick and does not give enough time for this film to pause and breath. I did like some things like showing how Rafiki got Simba’s Hair. I thought that characters who missed it for me in this film the most were Rafiki, Zazu’s, Timon. They never hit the emotional response that I felt in the animated Lion King. Rafiki is missing his Kong Fu moves and Timon is missing the sarcasm. I do feel like the best songs in this film are the new songs during the end credits. The redone songs in this film did not hit me either. They missed the emotional response and took me out of the film. The stampede scene in this film is not as strong as the original animated film. The Animated one gives a much bigger emotional response and feels bigger in scope. The live action film feels more contained in the stampede scene. I don’t feel a sense of danger in the stampede. I was impressed seeing thin to the bones Lions in the Lion King. I think adding that Scar over hunted in this film gave it more depth because that was not clear in the animated film. The animated film made it seem like Scar scared off all the animals.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Ugh. Talking animals. You lose a lot of the magic when you go from an exaggerated cartoon to what looks like a national geographic special with a couple people talking over the scenes adding their own dialog. That one fact could not escape me. While it is a good testament to the CGI in the film... it was totally unnecessary to remake this movie. The live action look of CGI animated animals added nothing to the legacy of the lion king and if anything, further convinces me I need not bother seeing any of the other remakes they roll out. Not a fan. Do yourself a favor and watch the original one instead.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Me pareció muy bien , solo que faltó que se adaptará más a la antigua versión
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Beautifully boring. The photo real production is amazing and beautiful but the vocal acting is just not there and lacking over all. Beyonce is just terrible an Nala all of her lines feel forced and emotionless. Also the various amounts of "real" animal actions like licking and scratching while delivering dialoge were more distracting the enduring. This one just did not hit the mark. Go watch the original animated movie.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The Lion King is just another horrible Disney remake that craps all over the original in the name of political correction.