The Mauritanian

Very satisfying. This is one where I went in thinking I knew pretty much how things would go. They did not and it was a real treat! The way the story was told and who was doing the telling kept my mind engaged as I was right there in the process. Wonderful characters and performances!
    A harsh, sobering look at the Guantanamo detention center where Muslims were held without charge or evidence for years. The movie(based on his book) is about the specific experience of Mohamedou Salafi who was held by the US government for 14 years without charge, and endured torture-stress holds, horribly loud acid rock blasted endlessly, water-boarding, beatings etc. In the end, after threatening to arrest his mother and send her to Guantanamo to be raped, he he confessed to knowing the plans for 9/11 and provided made up details and contacts. Well acted, eye-opening and distressing to realize our own government was capable of such total disregard of the facts, human life, and our founding principles of the rule of law and fairness. Worth seeing.
    Great historical story about 9/11 and the extreme steps America took in the aftermath
    Decent film, with great performances that lifts my rating!
    The acting was superb. The fact it was based on a real life event. The representation of where and timeline of how the facts occurred were intense.
    Excellent movie that truly makes you evaluate your principles. Amazing acting.
    This drama based on a true story was really good. Jodie Foster, Tahir Rahim, Benedict Cumberbatch, Shailene Woodley, Zachary Levi, and the rest of the cast did a fantastic job in this movie. This true story was thrilling, dark, and very dramatic. It's about helping a man proving his innocence when no one else will. People need to see this movie because it's what America needs to become so we don't live in chaos and fear. If you haven't seen this movie yet, check it out sometime. It's a must see.
    awesome depiction of an unbelievable true story
    I loved this movie. It felt real. And Mohammedou is a great character.
    Best show I’ve seen in a year!!!