The Rental

Id say 3 1/2 stars almost 4. Newer movie and we like suspense thrillers. We are eagerly waiting for the brand new 2020 releases ...
    Yikes, I was hoping for something more. They've done some really good marketing for this film but it's a DRAMA not horror or thriller. Until the very end and by that point you don't give three sh**ts anymore.
    I was bored out of my mind. This isn't scary, it's a Indie drama where actors as usual self indulge rather than wanting to tell a cohesive story.
    So unoriginal. If you've seen Welcome Home, don't bother watching another one. I'm getting really bored of all these lame slow burn horror movies. One day, Im hoping someone will really reinvent the horror genre.
    I feel I've seen this movie before. Nothing original about it and then it goes into this indie exploit that makes it a drag of a watch. I think talent were more interested entertaining themselves than a wider audience.
    Slow built tension kept my interest and film had elements of so many fun horror films from the past with couple small surprises and a possible new horror villain & room for sequels. I did feel the film was worthy of a stronger ending
    Nice buildup of tensions of human and racial relationship. Directional work is well done. Likable characters become unlikable and vice versa during the course of the movie.
    Really scary and a good thriller. But I wish the ending would have explained it a little better .
    Slow start that ends up building to a great climax with a disappointing ending.
    Times are tough there aren’t many new movies to enjoy at the big screen. If you’re hesitant cause you don’t see anything interesting playing at your theater go watch this! It’s probably to go best in there completely blind without watching trailers. Don’t rent or buy at home go to your theatre for an enjoyable movie!