The Rental

Insufferable Californian douchbags go to the beach. By 30 minutes in I wanted them all to die. Plot PLODS along slowly and without point for over half the movie until it's revealed they're being watched by cameras. Killer starts killing - but still drags and nothing really explained. Rent Airbnb - then killer kills people. Why? No idea. Oh - you know what would help this movie out? Lets jam-pack political and SJW agenda into it wherever we can - because that'll make it better. No. No it doesn't. If I wanted a bunch of people preaching at me, I'd go to a Baptist revival. Not your stupid movie or tv show.
    Waste of 1.5 hours. The viewer invests in the characters and ultimately gains zero clarity. There is no conclusion. One is left feeling cheated. A chain of events occur and they prove to be meaningless. Avoid. A lazy thriller/horror.
    it's not something I'll Watch again but it's a good movie with some inconsistencies, a lot of inconsistencies. Good job!
    A warm blanket of entertainment. It is simple and predictable, but beautiful and determined. This feels like a teen slasher movie that grew up by about 10-15 years...and on the surface, it's really not much more than that. However, underneath it all, it deals in moral ambiguity and questions of self worth. It's not perfect crossing the finish line and drags a tad here and there, but that also helps serve its hot cocoa by the fire horror movie vibe. The slow burn is satisfying and the payoff is fun. I really enjoyed The Rental.
    It wasn't too bad. It has borrowed its elements from similar movies consisting of perverts, killers and fraying relationships. It does pass the time and the ending is good, keeping it apart from cliched endings such movies usually get.
    film that has its tension too bad that for the first 45 minutes of the film nothing happens. the final is meh
    it was absolutely atrocious. The most awful film I have ever seen. Dreadful. This was the last movie I will ever watch in my life.
    More anti-White propaganda. Spoiler- the racist is a White guy and they dehumanize him up until the point you're not suppose to mind his death. Like half of the movies from Hollywood, if you're looking for subtle propaganda that explains why everyone blames Whites for everything you've found a small piece of the puzzle.
    Plays like a lot of other movies of this type in that it's always at least a little bit interesting while adding a few new twists.
    Actor-turned-director Dave Franco's directorial debut sees him dip his toes in gently in a small genre picture that's unambitious but solidly made. Basically: "Airbnb - the Horror Movie", the story revolves around two couples who rent a gorgeous looking house by the sea for the weekend. Alison Brie and Dan Stevens plays Charlie and Michelle, while Jeremy Allen White is Charlie's brother and his girlfriend, played by Shelia Vand, happens to be also Charlie's business partner. These intricate, almost incestuous, relationships provide the basis for the first, comparatively quieter, half which, had one not been aware what genre it is, could be the setting for any indie family drama. However the film, with its score and the manner it's shot, is not particular subtle about its intentions so we know something sinister is brooding and it's not long before creepy shots from afar imply, in no uncertain terms, that they are being spied on. While the cast is competent, and there are moments that are enjoyable, most viewers watch this to see how all hell is going to break loose; so it is slightly disappointing that when it does, it falls back onto a rather typical slasher formula, even though it is (mostly) logically constructed and nicely (though for the most part, gore-lessly) executed. Co-written by the director and Joe Swanberg, you watch in hope that the screenplay will deliver something clever and surprising, but the best and cleverest thing is left in the end credits which reveal something truly disturbing, sprung off a novel idea that I hope no one will copy or find inspiration for in real life.