The Silencing

I didn't look at the budget of the movie or anything about it except for the trailer. I really liked the movie. The jump-scares were good and I could feel my heart beating faster in adrenaline pumped scenes. Certainly the effects and stuff that you see in other movies was missing but that doesn't mean that you won't be able to enjoy it. The acting of the cast is good and especially Nikolaj Coster Waldau. He just rocked it. You could say the entire movie has a simple plot but what makes it good is the presence and acting of Nikolaj. It was a fun watch and I don't feel that I wasted my time at all watching the movie. I'd recommend it to others. It's not too great not too bad.
    I was put off by the critics scores, but man what a cracking movie.
    I thought it was an exciting and it had an unexpected twist. I really enjoyed this movie.
    Nikolaj is a convincing, broody dad that lost his daughter years ago // and his story intertwines with some mysterious deaths around town. He and the sheriff are after the same killer, but their combined storylines don't make this interesting.
    This was a great movie. I figured out who the killer was before the ending but it was still a great movie. I wasn't too impressed with the sheriff but in the end she redeems herself.
    Great story with emotion, action and interaction ! For those who like the movie windriver with jeremy renner you will like this one also 👌🏻
    Solid movie. Would have never guessed who the killer was. There wasn't much action in the movie, yet I still found myself entertained. Not really something I can watch more than once though.
    A lot better than expected full of twists and turns. A nice hidden gem
    It really took you to think you knew what was happening then turns out you didn't. Good enjoyable crime drama.
    Wilderness redemption. So this is about a single man with an alcohol problem (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau). He works on a wildlife sanctuary, protecting animals from hunters. His daughter went missing five years ago, and when his cameras pick up his first lead in years, he soon finds himself in a deadly game of cat and mouse. Now I didn't know a ton about this one. All I knew is that this has Jaime Lannister and looked to be of direct-to-DVD quality. That said, this type of movie can sometimes surprise you, which is why I happily gave this a shot. While this isn't perfect, I will say that this is about as good as this type of movie typically gets. Now I do think that this movie gets by on the performance of Coster-Waldau. I know that he has struggled to transition from television to film roles, but if he keeps movies like this up, I think he will make the switch sooner rather than later. He's playing this flawed hero that you root for, and you both understand his plight and want to see him pull himself up from the darkness to conquer his demons. There are a few movies that this borrows from, but I wouldn't call this a rip-off. There are tastes of The Grey and Wind River, and at every turn, you feel the isolation of this rural woodland area. I dug the journey that this took me on, and they kept the tension turned on to the point that I was always fully engaged. I wasn't as impressed by the side characters as I was by Coster-Waldau, but they were good enough to keep the story moving. They were more what I would expect from something labeled direct-to-DVD, but Coster-Waldau did elevate this to be a cut above the rest. The Silencing is one of those rare movies that I feel could benefit from being longer. There are a few conveniences in the last hour of this movie that just make this feel a touch rushed, and I only noticed it because I was so into the plot. I never complain about a short runtime, but at 93 minutes, I feel like this could have added 20 minutes, and it would have felt even more complete for it. As it stands, I say check it out. You will be surprised by it.