The Truffle Hunters

, 98% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • The Truffle Hunters explores a world most viewers will know nothing about -- with delightfully savory results.
    Ty BurrBoston Globe
    By putting us behind the eyes of a dog racing through the underbrush, happily going about what it understands as its work, "The Truffle Hunters" brings us to the source itself: the sniffing out, the digging, the discovery, the reward.
    Bill GoodykoontzArizona Republic
    It won't necessarily make you want to rush out and pay a fortune for truffles to shave over your eggs. But it will make you appreciate people whose love for something has so fully informed their lives.
    Randy MyersSan Jose Mercury News
    You haven't lived until you've experienced the dog cam.
    Ann HornadayWashington Post
    This endearing, thoroughly entertaining movie might be what we all need right now: An invitation to stop and smell the roses - or, if you're lucky, their far less showy fungal cousins.
    Thelma AdamsAARP Movies for Grownups
    Bracing and joyous, the film unearths complex, canine-loving characters who bicker and haggle their way into the audience's hearts.
    Katie RifeAV Club
    This is a portrait of a subculture, not an advocacy documentary.
    Lisa TrifoneThird Coast Review
    The film plays out a bit like a dream, as if we've stepped into a foggy, earth-toned, other-worldly space...
    Jeffrey OverstreetLooking Closer
    These hunters, while entertaining at first in their eccentricity, ultimately remain stubbornly and annoyingly opaque.
    Robert W. ButlerButler's Cinema Scene
    Ultimately The Truffle Hunters achieves an almost meditative state of oneness with nature. It also leaves you ravenously hungry for a dish that most of us have never tasted.
    Cameron MeierOrlando Weekly
    The film's humor and beauty overwhelm its vagueness and tendency toward tedium.