The War With Grandpa

Mindless waste of time and money!
    Rotten movie. Grandpa should be in a home...
    Pleasantly surprised how good this was with a fun and heartwarming story, a steady stream of humor, and good and clean fun.
    Would never see a movie with DeNiro in it.
    This movie was one that I was hoping would be great. I had read the book when I was in the 4th grade, and I thought that it might be a great movie. It was utterly disappointing. I can't say that there was much of anything in this film that was done correctly. Every time the book had the right answer, it wasn't used. The slapstick comedy is boring, and at times unpleasant to watch. I would not recommend it to anybody, it is more or less a waste of your time if you are looking for a movie to watch. This movie just had to follow the layout that the book provided, but it chose not to, and that made this go south. Don't waste your money or time with this one.
    Now this is another parental guidance type movie. Meaning an older famous actor and a kid actor that will have no career after that one movie they are in and they have a fight about family power. That perfectly describes the war with grandpa. Starring Robert De Niro, uma therman and some random kid who was very annoying and spoiled. This movie at times irritated me with this kid being the most spoiled kid on the planet and some parts aka only Robert De Niro made me laugh. The tricks they did on each other were pretty funny. Some of them could be a little offensive especially the one where Robert De Niro is at a funeral and his phone on repeat plays everybody dance now and he doesn't know how to turn it off. This movie takes a lot of risks for a kids movie and I respect that 100 percent. They don't make these type of movies anymore and that's unfortunate. Yes they're bad but at least sometimes they are innovative . Kids need that creativeness in these type of movies and they can get that. In marvel movies they can't get that unfortunately. But anyway this movie has a high aka Robert De Niro and a lot of bad aka everybody else but the pranks were cool.
    Now this is another parental guidance type movie. Meaning an older famous actor and a kid actor that will have no career after that one movie they are in and they have a fight about family power. That perfectly describes the war with grandpa. Starring Robert De Niro, uma therman and some random kid who was very annoying and spoiled. This movie at times irritated me with this kid being the most spoiled kid on the planet and some parts aka only Robert De Niro made me laugh. The tricks they did on each other were pretty funny. Some of them could be a little offensive especially the one where Robert De Niro is at a funeral and his phone on repeat plays everybody dance now and he doesn’t know how to turn it off. This movie takes a lot of risks for a kids movie and I respect that 100 percent. They don’t make these type of movies anymore and that’s unfortunate. Yes they’re bad but at least sometimes they are innovative . Kids need that creativeness in these type of movies and they can get that. In marvel movies they can’t get that unfortunately. But anyway this movie has a high aka Robert De Niro and a lot of bad aka everybody else but the pranks were cool.
    de Niro is a washed up 5 ft tall has been. This movie sucks like every movie he has made the last 20 years. What a waste of time as usual with this has been loser of an actor. Pathetic swan song.
    The film is enjoyable when it focuses on a grandpa bonding with his daughters family, but falls apart when the juvenile "war" plot-line kicks in.
    This movie is absolutely for kids. It's not very well made, and if it took more than a week to shoot, then it was a waster of time for everybody involved. The jokes fall flat, the silly parts come across as stupid, and the charming parts typically miss the mark as well. There are perhaps 2 moments of levity that work with some of the old stars in the film, but they are not worth the time of watching the whole movie.