The Water Man

Not quite enough substance here for me, but it's pretty entertaining nonetheless.
    A good message about hope, well directed and acted albeit on a budget.
    Solid family adventure thrill
    The Water Man is a very entertaining family adventure. The young boy in the lead was great. David Oyelowo and Rosario Dawson also play their parts well. The story was consistently interesting. I liked the themes of the film and how they were handled. The film was kid friendly without alienating adults. There were a few moments that felt childish but it felt natural. I was one step ahead of the plot at times, but Oyelowo’s direction keeps things engaging. Overall, I really liked this. It’s just a very sweet and charming film. I’m excited to see what Oyelowo does next behind the camera.
    It was a sweet, sad movie. I was hoping for more "mystical" and less sadness. It reminded me of a Hallmark movie...not worth spending 50.00 on (yes..including popcorn)
    It would've been decent too, except for a twist at the end that killed all the magic. A big downer.
    The ending left you wanting more.
    It's pretty good. Lonnie is a really talented actor and I'm interested in seeing where his career goes. The film was a solid pic and I recommend.
    Definitely a charming movie! Great chemistry with the two, young, leads!
    I admire David Oyelowo and really wanted to like this movie, but while it's well-made with a strong cast, it ultimately just doesn't deliver. In particular, it breaks the rules of the films it's trying to emulate, like "Goonies" and "E.T." Without giving anything away, the climax is very disappointing, and in the end, the film doesn't treat its young protagonists with much respect. Interestingly, Oyelowo gives himself a flat, underwritten role, and hands one to Maria Bello as well. Of the adult cast, only Rosario Dawson is complex and deeply appealing, and of course (as always) Alfred Molina shines in what is basically a cameo.