The Way I See It

, 87% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • The Way I See It takes an engaging look back at a political era from the unique perspective of the photographer who documented it from the inside.
    Richard RoeperChicago Sun-Times
    At times [it] comes close to sounding like a Democratic Party promotional video, especially in the late stretches, but Porter is a talented director who knows every picture tells a story, and boy does Pete Souza have a story to tell.
    Leah GreenblattEntertainment Weekly
    A flawed but galvanizing documentary...
    Peter DebrugeVariety
    "The Way I See It" feels like it could carry on being relevant to audiences for decades to come.
    Brian LowryCNN.com
    Simply in terms of presenting a draft of history through his earlier work and scalding commentary via his more recent endeavors, Souza's aim has been true.
    Glenn KennyNew York Times
    The movie is impeccably crafted and consistently engaging.
    G. Allen JohnsonSan Francisco Chronicle
    The film is anchored in a public lecture given by Souza, in which he shows his photos and tells their stories. Interspersed with these vignettes are scenes of Souza and Obama behind the scenes.
    Rene SanchezCine Sin Fronteras
    A timely and emotional documentary that reminds us the qualities that every presidential candidate must possess. [Full Review in Spanish]
    Michael WardShould I See It
    ...crafting The Way I See It as something of a motion picture scrapbook, with narratives, proves compelling.
    Nell MinowMovie Mom
    Souza reminds us of how much of our sense of events is formed by images, and in his new documentary, "The Way I See It," like the photographs he took, reward a deeper look.
    Harvey S. KartenBig Apple Reviews
    A first-rate photographer turns out to be a man with a first-rate emphatic personality.