Those Who Wish Me Dead

Great story line. Full of action. Still a bit of cliffhanger. Left you wanting a part 2.
    I don't know how unrealistic a movie can get while trying to seem very realistic. It follows the same cookie-cutter boring Hollywood formula. During all parts of the film I had the urge to pick up my phone. I was so bored throughout the whole movie and adding Angelina Jolie to it didn't make it any better!
    The trailer was very promising and I was especially optimistic considering it was directed by Taylor Sheridan who brought us Sicario and Wind river. Unfortunately this film did not live up or even compare to the two. Angelina Jolie was the wrong choice for this role, it did not suit her well and came off very unbelievable. It had the potential to be good but ended up being predictable and some violent action wasn't enough to save it.
    Exciting at times, and it's fun to watch a movie about a topic that hasn't been covered much before, like Smoke Jumpers.
    Acting was excellent. The story line was a little long.
    The open air atmosphere in THOSE WHO WISH ME DEAD gives us breathing room to choke off when the fires start. This simple theme ratchets the tension when the true pursuit begins in the expansive Montana wilderness. Angelina Jolie creates convincing rapport with her young co-star, prominently by playing a character who's like a child herself, acting out and taking on risky dares but more than likely because she has, like, 12 kids of her own. The assassins are great as well. They come off like pragmatic, workhorse government stooges with brains and emphasized by recognizable actors. Bernthal can always play a great dickhead with a heart of gold and his character's wife is some kind of force of nature, a counter to the fire, being an expert survivalist and expecting mother. This movie might not be as dark as Sheridan's Wind River, which is exceptional small filmmaking but Those Who Wish Me Dead has a lot packed into its economical 90 minute run, where nothing is wasted.
    I love Taylor Sheridan. Wind River, Sicario and Hell or High Water all awesome. So when I saw he wrote this, even though the preview looked cheesy, I was into it. I never should have bothered. Complete shlock. I have never been a huge Angelina Jolie fan, but she's been ok in a few things. Not here. She is wayy too skinny. She has always been thin, and on a 30 year old it's sexy. Now she just looks skeletal, like Maria Shriver. She looks like she weighs 80 pounds, and 20 of it are lips. And before you get on me for body shaming - Jolie has never been a great actress and has had an amazing life based solely on how she looks. So now her best asset is depreciating. Sorry. Anyway, bad acting, plot holes, and a totally manufactured implausible lightening scene that made me turn off the movie and go walk the dog and come back later. It's dumb, slow and formulaic. I like Aiden Gillen but even he can't save this. And, of course we are subjected to the tired old trope of the 80 pound heroine duking it out with a trained special forces soldier over twice her size. Meh. Anything on your playlist would be a better choice. Or kill a bottle of wine while you watch. Sheridan takes a big hit for this one.
    Yes, it really intertaining, good production. Enjoy the movie. very much
    Those who wish me dead is a solid film. While some things didn’t feel realistic, the films plot stays grounded and keeps this film at a good level without going too goofy. All around decent performances from the cast with Angelina Jolie being the best among them. A simple plot did hurt this film as there was many chances to be something special but remained grounded. For the story told here, it was solid. With just a few twists and turns, this film could have been amazing.
    Better than I thought