Together Together

Loved it! So unexpected and funny and poignant.
    My first movie in a theater since Covid and I picked this? What a yawner. I think I dozed off a few times. And if you want to walk out after a depressing ending, this is the movie for you. Comedy my foot. A few funny moments does not a comedy make. More like boring surrogate documentary.
    A simple pregnancy dramedy that has some nice performances but offers little surprise besides its charming way of showing how a pregnant couple without actual romance can still find each others hearts.
    Patti Harrison, to block! For a subject I couldn't imagine being remotely entertaining and/or amusing... I now stand corrected. The entire cast brings it via such a thoughtfully written, and directed film... but wow, the lovely Ms. Harrison steals the whole thing. It was fun to watch her do that in such an unaffected, endearing way. Well done.
    I enjoyed... the last 15 minutes of it where the characters actually start revealing they have emotions. Most of the film feels like a dragged out presentation of an insincere "woke" wish of a self -doubting white 40+ male to make a self-doubting 20+ agist female (who does not know what she wants in life) comfortable in an unnatural business transaction. A great depiction of contemporary America nevertheless.
    Hated the ending. It felt unfinished.
    A nontraditional relationship movie that explores different forms of intimacy. Funny and heartfelt with great performances all around.
    A slow paced film with almost every scene featuring Ed Helms playing the same cheerful and annoying character he always does. It's tiresome, a bit convoluted and the plodding plot is unredeemed at the end.
    The plot is AMAZING! The character buildup is good too but it ends on a cliffhanger I was expecting something else but not that.
    Good writing, excellent casting