Uncut Gems

Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Very convincing performance, but a totally repulsive flick. A bunch of violent, impulsive, frantic characters interacting unpleasantly, making it hard to empathize with any. Initially the volume and frantic activity held my attention, but by the end I was grateful that it was over. Sandler shows he is more than a comedian, but this film was not the start of a career as a serious actor!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Just finish the movie and its exhilarating, and with chills, Directors: Josh Safdie, Benny Safdie.- Adam Sandler as Howard Ratner, a Jewish-American Diamond District jeweler who is addicted to gambling. and it takes you on a roller coaster ride with two lovers the girl friend and wife. but nothing seems to go right with Howard and you go with him on this ride of Anxiety and shooking turns. Adma Sandler did amazing playing as HOWARD and should us that he still has it to make good performances. with out spoiling anything its a must watch i recommended its a 9/10, even though the ending felt short to me.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    So bad we walked out after 25 minutes. There is no plot. Overly loud background noise and vulgar speech throughout. We went because we both like Adam Sandler. It's hard to believe an actor of such quality would allow his agent to stick him with a script of such low quality.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Great performance by Adam Sandler but way too much violence!
    The best acting of Sandlers career. Stylistically, its one of the more unique movies ive seen in awhile. The deep look into the life of a shady jeweler in NYC was interesting.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Thrilling and unique. Definitely worth seeing.
    The first Adam Sandler film that I liked or enjoyed watching. People who give this film a bad review are those who do not understand art. That's okay, there are plenty of films for simple people, but finally we get one for us. Not that I want to see this again, at least not for a very long time, but it was a fun couple of hours of uncomfortable anxiety that's oddly satisfying.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Unrelenting violence, loud music, screaming, a tawdry underworld of very unpleasant people. Yes, Adam Sandler was very good, but still a movie to miss. Nothing memorable at all. Happy when the movie finally ended.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I feel like this film is an allegory for Adam Sandler's career. Our first introduction to the main character is a graphic colonoscopy and the film is just downhill from there. Whoever edited this 2 hour and 30 min train-wreck to include a solid 10 min of just Adam Sandler walking around New York which has 0 to do with anything should be fired. Enjoy the war and peace length nonsense of an addicted gamblers fever dream of what absolute failure looks like
    The movie gave me so much anxiety, but it was good. Super unexpected ending.