Underwater

They killed of the only black person in there group of 6 first!!! Really we're still doing this horror movies! It's hard enough for a black person let alone to be cast in a horror movie role and but your still going to kill him off first!
    Good enough. It's been a while since we had a decent deep sea thriller. Monsters were a little too horror and not enough sci-fi but it hit the spot between not good and really good. It was just, pretty good.
    Kind of like a b-movie underwater version of Alien. Worth a watch for sci-fi action fans.
    A mostly passable "Alien" ripoff that does manage to mine enough effective tension from its premise. Stewart should do more action/horror movies.
    What do the monsters with all these huge tentacled mouths and monster fangs as big as houses eat? There are no living things down there. Rocks and dirt? I guess they eat each other. Another is why is every monster in films anthropomorphic? Monsters made to look humanlike no longer scare me. Black-eyeballed ceiling crawling demon ghosts? YAWN. Scary humanoid monsters ended with Alien really, and that was such a great design that it was scary. But this film, even though derivative and filthy with suspension of disbelief, is entertaining, just enough so with Kristen at the helm. She can act, and she looks great running around in her skivvies. I hope to see her in more movies that showcase her considerable talent. Acting talent I mean, but I won't complain if producers want her to show other assets. They're not stupid. What sells?
    How was this not marketed as an underwater Cloverfield? There are a lot of similarities from creature design to the way we see more of it as the film progresses. It doesn't try to do anything new but packs a lot of action into it and is well shot. Plus, you have to love the way a movie gets right into the good stuff about two minutes in. A really enjoyable movie.
    Spoiler free review. There's a lot of great craftsmanship that's gone into this movie, the actors do a fine job and I have respect for director, writers and production for braving into this genre, unfortunately there's just something about this particular genre that I've NEVER seen translate well to live action or video games, it's most effective in it's literary form I'm afraid.
    Some good visuals, when it's not too dark to see them, of course. The premise of the movie is good, but it never goes beyond that premise. I fun, dumb action horror movie with passable acting and a decent budget for CGI. My only gripe is with TJ Miller doing his crappy improve comedy thing that was long exhausted even in Deadpool. It ruined a surprising number of otherwise serious moments, giving the movie little stakes by the end. The ending also felt a little lackluster, fizzling out instead of ending with a bang. It stopped when the story got the most interesting, in my opinion. However, it's definitely a decent enough background film to watch if you don't want to pay attention or think too hard!
    I am going to paraphrase last sentence that appears in that movie: "Reasons regarding the making of this film still unclear" (Originally: Details regarding previous accident still unclear) I could stop here, but let's elaborate a second: No story. No tension. No mystery. No acting. No scenography. Sound design... um... yes, lots of underwater air bubbles. No light... um... few flashlights and few computer displays. OK, enough. Don't dive, sickness of the abyss guarantied.
    This movie Really was bad. A total waste of money.