Underwater

, 48% Rotten Tomatometer Score
  • Underwater's strong cast and stylish direction aren't enough to distract from the strong sense of déjà vu provoked by this claustrophobic thriller's derivative story.
    Kevin MaherTimes (UK)
    The Abyss meets Aliens with a bit of The Poseidon Adventure, a lot of Pacific Rim and a dash of The Meg in this subaquatic sci-fi that offers nothing more than the sum of its references.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Tim RobeyDaily Telegraph (UK)
    As viewers of this dreck, we could teach the earth's crust a few things about being deeply bored.
    David JenkinsLittle White Lies
    Instantly forgettable.
    Philip De SemlyenTime Out
    The plot is 'The Abyss'-lite, the horror beats feel cadged from 'Alien' and the seafood-looking CG monsters appear to have been liberated from a bin outside Iceland.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Scott MarksSan Diego Reader
    There's no better feeling than starting the New Year right with an affectionate, action-packed genre picture.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Jake WilsonThe Age (Australia)
    The dream-like atmosphere must be partly intentional, if the recurring Alice in Wonderland references are anything to go by -- though it also seems like a result of sheer indifference to the many gaps in the script.
    Carla HayCulture Mix
    If you want a horror flick with memorable characters and a solid plot, then you'll have to look elsewhere.
    Allen AlmacharThe MacGuffin
    Underwater has the makings of a great movie but doesn't have the patience to let those elements blossom.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Dan BuffaKSDK News (St. Louis)
    I spent the majority of Underwater confused as ever, leaving with a headache and wondering why this film ever existed in the first place.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Brent McKnightThe Last Thing I See
    Rad B-movie schlock, this feels like an artifact from the late-1980s and delivers exactly what I hoped it would. And if Kristen Stewart gets the chance to play more action hero characters, I won't complain.