We Summon the Darkness

77% Fresh Tomatometer Score77%
    David RooneyHollywood Reporter
    An appealing cast and slick period production values make this an entertaining enough retro bloodbath.
    Katie RifeAV Club
    It also hinges on a big plot twist, so all I will say for now is that it's the best Satanic Panic-inspired horror movie I have seen this year, and there have been several.
    Steven ScaifeSlant Magazine
    The film's cat-and-mouse antics play out with no sense of escalation or invention.
    Patrick CavanaughComicBook.com
    A strong cast and unexpected reveals make it stand above its Satanic Panic peers, but it plays things too safe to be especially memorable.
    Christian TotoHollywoodInToto.com
    This '80s horror throwback is too dumb, and distracted, to truly offend ... or scare us
    Jared MobarakThe Film Stage
    We Summon the Darkness reveals itself to be a fun ride when all is said and done because [no character] on-screen knows what he/she is doing.
    Roger MooreMovie Nation
    Take away the "twist," which you've guessed and which anybody seeing the trailer or even the poster could figure out, and "We Summon the Darkness" only summons tedium.
    Norman GidneyHorrorBuzz
    There is a lot to like here. However, without the energy and consistent pacing to keep us engaged, the movie flounders in points and races to others.
    Anton BitelSight and Sound
    steadily upends conventional prejudices (& cinematic clichés) concerning gender, class and religion - even if, after a relatively early reveal of the Big Twist, there is nowhere left to go beyond standard cat-and-mouse manoeuvres and chaotic farce.
    Kat HughesTHN
    A hip young cast and compelling narrative combine to make We Summon the Darkness a vibrant and cool blend of Funny Games and Scream.