Witnesses

Good perspectives. Very human. Appreciated points of view. New things I didn't know about.
    Very good movie. Everything that happens after true events that occured. None was hyped up for effect.
    We walked out about 45 minutes in. I am not LDS, but I love history and learning about all religions. My review is solely based on the film and not the religion. The acting was pretty bad for anything on the big screen. Many scenes were over acted and the script was juvenile and not thought out at times. Some of the script reminded me of a sixth grader writing a play, it was good, but immature from lack of experience. What bugged me the most about this movie was the incredibly biased storyline. What I mean by that is that regardless of what happened in the movie it was spun in a way to try to make everything more believable. The historical references were off to try and make actual events less unbelievable. Throughout the part we did watch, Joseph was portrayed as a saintly hero that essentially had no flaws...however we all know that he had more than one. Not talking down about Joseph Smith, instead the way he was depicted in the film. This was unrealistic to say the least and many creative liberties were taken with character development and historical accuracy. I would not recommend this movie and would not recommend referencing the events in this movie when discussing LDS history with anyone who has read a book....any book...
    Excellent historical movie. We enjoyed learning more about the struggles the early Mormons experienced.
    I like the emotion of the movie. It is helpful to have a basic knowledge of the events.
    This isnt a cheesy film like many LDS genres tend to be. The acting, cinematography, music, editing, sets, costumes, etc. are first rate. With all of my LDS church history studies, this was very accurate. There was nothing in the film that I hadnt heard or read about before. The film doesnt shy away from controversial aspects of Church history. Rather than gloss over them or skip them altogether, the film shows how the events impacted the decisions and lives of early Church members and leaders. As a result, I have so much more appreciation and respect for David Whitmer, Martin Harris, and Oliver Cowdery. Parts of the film may be difficult to understand by those who are not familiar with Joseph Smith and the early days of the Church. However, the message of integrity and holding true to principle even in the most difficult circumstances rings true. The film will be a wonderful addition enriching ones understanding of this unique and important piece of American religious history. It is worth a repeat viewing. If you are a Latter-day Saint, this is a must-see movie.
    Very well done and every scene is documented in history, completely trustworthy. People giving it 1/2 star are hateful bigots, there is no other explanation. Acting is excellent, production values solid. Must see!
    We loved the movie. Loved knowing some of the historical details that we weren't familiar with. Great Acting, Beautiful Scenery. inspiring story
    Very powerful factual movie!
    I really appreciated this movie for it's attempt to create something both edifying and honest. It was deeply moving and at times a bit disturbing, which is was a good thing. This is not a movie I would take a non-member of our church as a first exposure. The men in the film were very well casted. Not so much the women. They could and should have developed Emma and the wives of these men more. Or at the very least cast them better. Saying all this, I really loved the film. It left me thinking and pondering about a messy and glorious restoration. That the glory of it is in much part found in the messiness of it. That therein lays the miracle of the restoration.