audience Reviews60% Audience Score60%
- 3.5 of 5 starsVisually beautiful. The story lost the main character, but I enjoyed watching a lot.
- 1.5 of 5 starsHard to understand voodoo!
- 2 of 5 starsNeither here nor there - didn’t really explore Haitian voodoo in full nor was it a true horror film.
- 1.5 of 5 starsBoring and pretentious mixture of Peter Weir's Dead poets society and Picnic at Hanging Rock + Wes Craven's Serpent and the Rainbow.
- 1 of 5 starsSaw this at NYFF57. A muddled mess of a film that doesn't know what it wants to be. As if Bonello just took two movies he wanted to make, couldn't decide, and smashed them together like child's play-dough, trying to make the two disparate parts into one franken-film whole. The worst and most utterly ridiculous parts occur during the teen-girl horror half of the film. If this were a film school project, he get's a grade of "D", C- at best, if only for the effort of trying.